Omegnarok
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Omegnarok

Play RPGs interactively and discuss gaming, tech, and humor

HomePortailGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises

Go down 
4 posters

Preliminary Round as one race?
Yes, Start as Hume Societies for learning and warm-up.
Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises I_vote_lcap0%Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Sorta, Prelim round, but in groups
Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises I_vote_lcap0%Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
NO, start as own races, even if in the copper age.
Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises I_vote_lcap100%Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
NOOO, Start as own races with a set amount of total development, all space-capable.
 0% [ 0 ]
Dunno in the least, Add my votes to the victor.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Judicator Kai
Ascendant, Scholar, BD OverGM.
Judicator Kai

Character sheet
Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Left_bar_bleue500/10Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Empty_bar_bleue  (500/10)
Level: Z?

Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Empty
PostSubject: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 8:01 pm

Skull Cuckoo bird Black Mage Thief Red Mage White Mage Blackbelt White Pikmin
Game Boy Advance :ninds: Allright, the polls came out as follows:

The polls were HIGHLY unrepresentative because only three people voted, and I was not one of them.

Worlds
NO ONE voted for a preliminary round.
All voted for seperate worlds at start.
I dissagree with this, I think we should have a prelim round on one world so you learn how to play. I post a revote, but I really don't expect you all to agree.

Starting Age
2 out of 3 said to begin in the stone age, which is fine I suppose and will pass fun and quickly enough.
I think this is fine, but not neccessarily practical with different races, so this worthy stage shall be fast.

Mystical Energies
This was a three-way split, so it told us nothing. One wanted no magik/psionics, one wanted just magik, and one wanted both.
This is the topic I am most unsure about, I want a compromise between all of you in this forum so we can begin.

Now you all should debate and compromise, the game shall not begin until a reasonable consensus is reached by a majority. All playing, including hopefully Pi, Zombie, Red, AdW, and other users of this forum who want to (I will let you) should represent themselves even if they don't know what to say.

Be specific on how much you dissagree with something and wether you would tolerate it in a compromise or not.

Last edited by Judicator Kai on Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : "fighter error")
Back to top Go down
Judicator Kai
Judicator Kai

Character sheet
Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Left_bar_bleue500/10Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Empty_bar_bleue  (500/10)

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 8:07 pm

Please not that you will almost certainly get some training on playing by warring with your own race. A LOT.

To start it off, Why do you want or not want to begin as different races? You still would play different races later. I had a slight leaning towards starting on one world to practice interactions between your societies and promote you when anihilated or totally victorious to Basic age (if hume that translates to space-age) societies with a set number of advantages.

So what is wrong about this and what do you want?

I am the GM so I will weigh your opinions as much as if not more than my own on this topic (I will have fun GMing this no matter what play style).
Back to top Go down
Challenger Red
Ascendant, Mathematician
Challenger Red

Character sheet
Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Left_bar_bleue5/100Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Empty_bar_bleue  (5/100)
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 3:47 pm

I think that we should start on different planets because how do you explain multiple sentient races on one planet? One planet would be okay if all races are humanoid, but SZ's makes me think we need multiple planets. I think that there should be no prelim round because most people have played it and it it isn't hard to pick up. I still say no mystic energies, but I would be okay with science-based psionics.
Back to top Go down
Chunky Desperado
Poster boy
Poster boy
Chunky Desperado

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 3:52 pm

i think that we should start off on one planet and not use magicks, the rest i dont care about eithier way
Back to top Go down
Challenger Red
Ascendant, Mathematician
Challenger Red

Character sheet
Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Left_bar_bleue5/100Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Empty_bar_bleue  (5/100)

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 4:11 pm

Do you include psionics with magiks?
Back to top Go down
GoblinMasterMind
Dirigible
GoblinMasterMind

Character sheet
Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Left_bar_bleue0/0Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 4:29 pm

............but i want voodoo magik..............psionics suck, unless it was mind reading..
Back to top Go down
Challenger Red
Ascendant, Mathematician
Challenger Red

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 4:32 pm

psionics could include mind reading, but that might be to unfair of and advantage. Kai? your thoughts on the matter?
Back to top Go down
Judicator Kai
Judicator Kai

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 4:44 pm

Firstly, Goblin, psionics include and encompass the same magic does, it is just a different style. Psionics is an explanation of many things, including foresight and stuff.

You could say that psionic adepts in your early society are seen as prophets and empowered beings for the power they harness and the things they do.

As I will repeat, the difference between psionics and magic is play style: notably, with magic, many more (and more commonly) can defend from and attack with fleet-decimating balls of plasma made from fallen foes.
Psionics is more likely to involve a covert op and trying to cause a chain reaction of reactor cores in opponents fleets.

Allowing both is a compromise and brings complexity.
Back to top Go down
Challenger Red
Ascendant, Mathematician
Challenger Red

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 4:46 pm

Like I said, I would be okay with psionics, but I would prefer to have neither.
Back to top Go down
GoblinMasterMind
Dirigible
GoblinMasterMind

Character sheet
Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Left_bar_bleue0/0Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 4:56 pm

.......................K!!! We can do psionics! I like covert ops and making things go boom!
Back to top Go down
Judicator Kai
Judicator Kai

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 5:15 pm

So, gob, the question comes to magi and psionics or just psionics.

For help, see this: magik will bend light for illusion, psionics will toy with the minds of others.
Magik has bigger booms, psionics is more precise. Both use the same force, but in radically different ways.

And, red, these forces are not things you need to concern yourself with if you choose not to use them.
Back to top Go down
GoblinMasterMind
Dirigible
GoblinMasterMind

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 5:22 pm

I say..............*Flips coin*...BOTH! i like idea of both big booms and toying with people's minds. And so your pretty much saying magik and psionics are stem from the same source, they are just different categories to name them in.
Back to top Go down
Judicator Kai
Judicator Kai

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 5:35 pm

Well, sorta, cept that there really is no middle ground.

Also, magik comes with more than arcane, I always forget to mention that you can use a third type (attached to magik in voting) that essentially means manipulating the threads and strings of life force to mess with minds, bodies, souls, and whatever.

This lifeforce can make undead, effective curses (as much if not more than psionic-mind tinkering because it changes true nature) and reincarnating foes/units.

An example of this would be the DOOM ex-marines or the Warhammer reincarnating machine undead.

The lifeforce can also be used to make limbs and parts to replace lost ones, a sort of wireframe that is as flesh and flesh replaces.
Back to top Go down
GoblinMasterMind
Dirigible
GoblinMasterMind

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 5:46 pm

ccccccccccooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Back to top Go down
Judicator Kai
Judicator Kai

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 7:26 pm

Yes. But will it make the gameplay fluid?

Arcane and Lifestream is one package,
Psionics another.

Both have good and different traits.
Which and what is wanted?
Neither?

Also, why not a tutorial round as one race?
Back to top Go down
Challenger Red
Ascendant, Mathematician
Challenger Red

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 7:42 pm

Is magik science based (later epochs) or is it innate? I am fine with magik if it is science based but innate magik makes no sense at all.
Back to top Go down
Judicator Kai
Judicator Kai

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 11:26 pm

Magiks, in both forms, are science-based. So is psionics. The only thing unscientific about them is how lower societies immeadiatly seem to make assumptions about those empowered by them.

These things would be of little worth in this if they weren't science-based.
Back to top Go down
Challenger Red
Ascendant, Mathematician
Challenger Red

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 1:10 pm

That was what I was wondering about...adwuss was going on about magik at the start.
Back to top Go down
Judicator Kai
Judicator Kai

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 9:50 pm

MORE OPINIONS WANTED. COME ON GUYS!!!
Back to top Go down
Challenger Red
Ascendant, Mathematician
Challenger Red

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 5:50 pm

If magik/psionics is science based, I am fine with it...but I have already said that. you might consider adding a link to this thread in you sig, Kai.
Back to top Go down
Judicator Kai
Judicator Kai

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 8:59 pm

Or I could...

Hey, if no one posts in this besides us (and Gob, please post more!) in 24 hours I will put an annoying BD ad/mesage up. Eatit. Or rather, don't, computers are not safe for consumption by humans.
Back to top Go down
Challenger Red
Ascendant, Mathematician
Challenger Red

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 8:21 am

I'll have my goats eatit then
Back to top Go down
Judicator Kai
Judicator Kai

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 5:23 pm

Good, and the message is up. And I have minions. Good. Still, users say and comment things HERE IN THIS THREAD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises   Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Polls over, Debate Path, Compromises
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Omegnarok :: Important :: Announcments-
Jump to: