Omegnarok
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Omegnarok

Play RPGs interactively and discuss gaming, tech, and humor

HomePortailGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Judicator Kai
Ascendant, Scholar, BD OverGM.
Judicator Kai

Character sheet
Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Left_bar_bleue500/10Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Empty_bar_bleue  (500/10)
Level: Z?

Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Empty
PostSubject: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 4:48 pm

What elements does it need? I will make at least a placeholder from this thread. Start from scratch. Elements may include imagry and symbols like the Pheonix, monsters like the Grendal, space ships, planets, and civilizations, and characters from my planned webcomic to make lazy PHP/HTML programmers wince each time they come to the site. I do this knowing I need practice, so this will be but a placeholder if it isn't epic enough.

Remember to play fair.
Back to top Go down
runewake2
Admin
runewake2

Character sheet
Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Left_bar_bleue0/100Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 10:05 am

I had an idea... Images definatly need resizing though...
Background: some sort of space thing.
forground: Multiple races from different periods fighting. one side vs another?
just a simple idea. anything would work really.
Back to top Go down
https://mygaming.rpg-board.net
Judicator Kai
Judicator Kai

Character sheet
Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Left_bar_bleue500/10Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Empty_bar_bleue  (500/10)

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 9:15 am

Yes, but there also needs to be a fantasy involvement, I could just post an extremely unrealistic aerospace ship of some kind... like FFXII.
Back to top Go down
runewake2
Admin
runewake2

Character sheet
Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Left_bar_bleue0/100Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 10:32 am

Have the ship be fighting a dragon and the elf fighting a marine and so on. Have a planet backdrop that isn't earth with stars in the background and a city in the foreground.
Back to top Go down
Judicator Kai
Judicator Kai

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 12:31 pm

I think that you totally missed the concept. It is not just a mash-up. fluffy's dead, maybe it should be very simple. Still, mixing fantasy and science fiction takes skill as you do not seem to readily have (definitely not as far as reasonable imagery goes). I was thinking of some sort of mix of things, but I must avoid the lame.

Last edited by Judicator Kai on Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Challenger Red
Ascendant, Mathematician
Challenger Red

Character sheet
Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Left_bar_bleue5/100Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Empty_bar_bleue  (5/100)

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 5:16 pm

Simple is better. how about a mix of spices raising a flag over smoking ruins?

Edit by Kai, reimplementing a comic mistake Red put in place.

Last edited by Challenger Red on Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Judicator Kai
Judicator Kai

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 7:28 pm

Well, some spices can be nice. But, what if it were species. Ruins of what though, and what species... well?
Back to top Go down
Challenger Red
Ascendant, Mathematician
Challenger Red

Character sheet
Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Left_bar_bleue5/100Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Empty_bar_bleue  (5/100)

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 6:41 pm

as I said, a mix. as for the ruins...a city? a monument? a spaceship? take your pick.
Back to top Go down
gurtang
Troublemaker
gurtang

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 11:34 am

It could be as simple as two races fighting over a planet with the atmosphere removed to reveal space ships above and then the further back it goes the more primitive the tech gets. Just an idea. reds would be neat but would require more knowledge then any of us have...
Back to top Go down
runewake2
Admin
runewake2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 11:46 am

any of these would look good:
Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. FFXOpening_Scene
Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Goguryobattleabattlescenekogur
Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Ebb_20040217_battle_scene
Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Attack_to_the_Helms_deep
Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Firebattle
Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. 300px-Pictish_Stone_at_Aberlemno_Church_Yard_-_Battle_Scene_Detail
Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Battle_s
Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Cyb-wpp-exodus
I like the above one... Would resize though.
Tell me what you think. If you have a preferance tell me. I can make small edits to the above images should they require them...
Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Jump
Back to top Go down
Judicator Kai
Judicator Kai

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 10:15 pm

Meh. Stupid PC. Anyhow, pick a narrower one of those. They best my idea in realism.

Still, I think that I shall continue, probably with something transitioning past and future.
Any ideas better than perpendicular lines seperating time periods? That could be cool, but... still there could be better.

And what frames does there need to be?
Back to top Go down
runewake2
Admin
runewake2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 12:50 pm

I actually like the last one. Take it and have the person leaping with sword but attacking a futuristic thing.
Back to top Go down
Judicator Kai
Judicator Kai

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 9:49 pm

...Yeah, but... under where? No, I don't think that one fits too well. Use it if you wish, I suppose I don't really care. Just read my post on the custom top banner.
Back to top Go down
runewake2
Admin
runewake2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 6:27 pm

Under my long picture post...
Back to top Go down
Challenger Red
Ascendant, Mathematician
Challenger Red

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 7:25 pm

more knowledge than you have, perhaps. I could build as ad hoc drawing pad that connnects to a computer and give it to kai (as he is the best artist on this forum) and let him draw it from the race discrtiptions provided. not that hard. how about it, kai?
Back to top Go down
Judicator Kai
Judicator Kai

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:27 am

Yes. Very good. And also runewake missed the joke.
Back to top Go down
Challenger Red
Ascendant, Mathematician
Challenger Red

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:39 pm

ah well. I didnt expect him to get it, but stupi people get so annoying sometimes. so whan do you want it by?
Back to top Go down
Judicator Kai
Judicator Kai

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 6:56 pm

Whenever. Not of huge importance. But also awesome. I wonder what its res is.

Back onto the topic, what should it have? Perhaps a barbarian battle on the ruins of a long-dead ship? A goblinoid comically hitting an a plasma-coated stick on a spaceship? A bunch of dead bodies of different races surrounding HMK (A.K.A. the Insatiable and Insane Genghis Cat)?

Actually, the cat thing would get made for the webcomic anyway. The webcomic to not come for a while it seems.
Back to top Go down
Challenger Red
Ascendant, Mathematician
Challenger Red

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 10:34 am

read your last sentance and think of mitch (swinburne, that is)

on to something relavant. why would it have to be battle? what is wrong with the signing of a treaty? or a ship sliding back into the visible spectrum? if you must have war, I would nominate a ship with a hole in it, venting atmosphere, with creature being sucked out still trying to kill each other.
Back to top Go down
runewake2
Admin
runewake2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 12:04 pm

The treaty sounds good... hmmm... Battle inside treaty? creatures racing from it to battle? Have some sort of civilizations city in the background. Get me ideas and pics and i'll firework it together...

This would look neat. only it should be reptillian...
Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. SE06genexamen
Back to top Go down
Challenger Red
Ascendant, Mathematician
Challenger Red

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 3:23 pm

no, the references are too human...they all apperar to be biblical, anyway. I think the odds of finding an aproppriate one on the net is small but possible, check things like the d20 modern or starwars sites. mabey NASA...
Back to top Go down
Challenger Red
Ascendant, Mathematician
Challenger Red

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 9:10 pm

you know, I kind of like it blank. it doesnt make people expect anything and is...diferent. leave it as it is.
Back to top Go down
runewake2
Admin
runewake2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 12:39 pm

Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. 7-faces-optical-illusion
maybe an OI? that would be neat...
Back to top Go down
Challenger Red
Ascendant, Mathematician
Challenger Red

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 5:45 pm

neat...or retarded. it sets a carnival mood, not a RPG mood. that would never do. if you must have a logo, I stand by my treaty thing.
Back to top Go down
gurtang
Troublemaker
gurtang

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:58 am

... so do I... however the illusion would look neat without that color...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.   Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum Top Logo/Banner, thingy.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next